Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summer

Furniture on my deck, and I get to take the time to sit out there!

Watermellon...my husband brought one home recently and that fresh smell when you first cut into it is just mouth-watering!

Flowers planted in pots that need watering daily because of the dry air up here.

No mowing...I miss the green and the smell of freshly mown grass, but I don't miss the actual mowing of the grass!

Warm days, windows open, barely cool evenings to sit and watch the reflected sunset on the mountains I can see.

Sandals, flip flops, crocs...no socks!

Hiking with my new camelback pack with the breeze blowing through the aspens. Views from high places.

City trips that culminate in driving back up into the blessed cool relief of the mountains.

Summer company, never enough!

Iced tea. I make it all year long, but the summer kind is the best! I have some steeping on my deck as we speak.

Morning walks with my neighbor who is too busy to walk the rest of the year due to her high maintenance teaching job.

Late afternoon, when the day's efforts can stop and I can sit in the shade on my deck.

Humming birds buzzing up to my feeders, except for the woodpecker that is trying to break one of my feeders as it steals the sweet nectar.

Bluebirds making nests in the houses we've set out around our house. Everytime I see one, I tell God what a great job he did creating that specific color of blue.

Motorcycle rides on curvy mountain roads with the sun shining and the skies the color of blue you only see when you are up above 7000 feet.

It's a short season up here, but the best summer time anywhere I've ever lived!

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds awesome, Mom!!!!!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Sara said...

you've just encouraged me to "stop and smell the roses." there's SO much to ben enjoyed, and i'm too busy sometimes to see it! thanks:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home