Your real living is between your ears.
I read that phrase this morning and had to think about it before I could decide if I agreed. I'm not sure why it initially turned me off. Maybe it's because I like to think that real living is an activity. My husband is not a fan of spectator sports as a rule. He feels that too many people spend their lives watching others live theirs, and this may be the thought that was making me uncomfortable with the quote that started this meandering. But the more I think about it, I tend to agree. Life is choice and choice begins in our heads. All response begins with our thought process (or hopefully so!) This past Sunday we sang a song that starts out with the words "Jesus, I'll praise You forever" and it closes with the phrase, "my mind's made up, I'll praise You forever". I choose to love my husband, to be honest, to do the work that is before me, to, to, to! When I first get up in the morning, some days I would just asoon read a book all day, but my mind pushes me to be more constructive and proactive. If I lived by my emotions, my life would be a real roller coaster. My "self talk" many times determines my attitude for the day! It helps me respond to situations and people in a godly manner. I guess I do think that it all starts in the mind. What a powerful thing! So, tell me, do you agree or disagree? Is your real living between your ears?

2 Comments:
fran, i definitely agree!... i think it all starts in your mind and then propels us to act... if we didn't use our minds before we acted (or spoke for that matter) think of all that we would be doing or saying... i know what happens when i speak before i think!!! (not good....) anyway, i agree. i liked reading your thought process on this idea. thanks for sharing!
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home