My Husband
Right this minute, my husband is on a 53' ketch sailing off the coast of St. Thomas. I know that some people might read this and think it strange that I'm at our home in CO, and not with him. I have to be honest...I have gone on many trips without my husband, so it doesn't seem at all strange to me that he would take a trip without me!!
My husband, whom I call Rosy, is a very hard worker. His background is 100% Swedish, and Swedes have a penchant for accomplishment. He works hard at work and he works hard at home. In the 31+ years we've been married, I have watched him work many more hours than I've seen him relax. There are very few times that I have needed to remind him that something needed to be fixed. Procrastination just isn't in his list of faults!! (Much to my chagrin, since it is certainly high on my list!)
So...I for one think he deserves this vacation on a sailing vessel in the Carribean. He's an avid sailor! When he was trying to plan a few days away, I did recommend that he take a class with a group, and he agreed that that would be a good idea. So this trip is actually a navigational sailing class. My reasoning was that if he just went some where and had free time to just goof around, he'd wish I was with him. He claims to be an introvert, but not to the point that he likes to be alone all the time, so he'd get lonely and not enjoy the trip nearly so much. So hopefully he's having a blast and learning lots. You never know, we might just charter a boat on our own one of these years, and take a together sailing vacation!
Now I don't want you to think that we don't take trips together. We have and do take many trips together, and we enjoy them. It's just that he isn't into international travel, and I love to go places, so I've gone to England, Scotland and Spain without him. And then there's my annual trip to the midwest to enjoy spring and family. That hits his busy time (one of the many!) at work, so that's not an option for him.
He's a good man and I'm thankful to have been married to him all these years. He's kind, considerate and someone I will be happy to spend another 31+ years with, given the opportuity! God blessed my heart when Rosy walked into it.

<< Home