Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life and the Olympics

My husband and I have always enjoyed watching the Olympics, especially the winter Olympics. I am always amazed at the focus and energy these athletes aim towards their goal. Excellence is the only acceptable outcome for them. Ultimately they are seeking gold. They have trained for years for this opportunity and the experience seems to be rewarding, no matter what the outcome. I admire their tenacity and integrity. I could learn from their example. In my life, heaven is my goal. It's so easy to get distracted by the tangibles that surround my life. People, activities, hobbies....many good things can get my mind off the main goal. I can let the busy-ness of life keep me from daily meditation of Scripture and prayer. Most of the important issues in my life are the intangibles, the things that are unseen. I must daily stretch my mind to see the unseen and keep my efforts aimed at the goal. I want to maintain a close personal relationship with God and also efffect the lives of the people I come in contact with to desire to know Him better. Why do I lose sight of this when it is the most important thing?? As precious as that gold medal is to the Olympians, this spiritual prize makes the gold medal pale in importance. Being true to God's goals is my life message.

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so good, Mom!! I love you.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger David G. Fish said...

Hey, Francie! David Fish here. I found you through your daughter the coffee maker, whom I've never met, unless I saw her years ago when we stopped by your house one night in Mexico, MO.

I helped Dave Ferguson with a data projector yesterday, and have been reading in his blog and links. That's how I found you.

Hope both of you are doing great, and that Rosy has (had?) a great time sailing.

Random Thoughts From a Fish,

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom...you need to blog again!!! ;-) love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home